Table of Contents
Many people wonder how often is too often and how occasional is too occasional when it comes to showering. In the following paragraphs, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions related to showering – how often should you shower under normal circumstances and depending on your lifestyle and skin condition.
Generally – how often should you shower?
Most dermatologists agree that it is normal to shower every other day. However, some people generally tend to sweat less and it’s perfectly fine for them to shower two or three times a week without any discomfort for them or those around them. The main factors you should consider when wondering how many times should you shower per week are:
- Lifestyle – if you have a busy daily routine, work at a place with high temperature or your job requires you to get dirty, you might want to take a shower daily. This is also true if you exercise. Taking a shower after the gym or the morning jog will improve your condition and keep you fresh for the remainder of the day.
- Geography – if you live in a hot or humid region, this means you sweat more during the day. In this case, a daily shower is a good idea for your own comfort and for those around you.
- Body condition – if you have a hormonal disbalance of some kind, you might sweat more than usual or have a specific body odour. If that is the case, your top priority will be to improve your health condition. However, along the way, you might want to shower daily in order to reduce the odour.
How often should I shower if I have dry skin?
Many people suffer from dry skin or hair. If that is the case with you, it will be better to limit the shower you take weekly to two or three. If you workout or your job requires you to shower daily, it is important to use a body moisturizer of some kind. This way you can still have your frequent baths but without itches and other problems for your skin.
If you suffer from naturally dry hair, you should wash it no more than 2-3 times per week. Showering too often will not only damage your hair but will also have a negative effect on your scalp. The most common result is dandruff and annoying itches. This is especially true for areas with hard water (water with higher limescale and mineral content).
Should you shower every day if you have oily skin?
Most dermatologists agree that people with oily skin should shower daily. This is done not only to improve the condition of the skin but also to avoid unpleasant body odour. If you wonder what happens if you don’t shower frequently enough, the answer is acne and in some cases – fungal or bacterial infections.
After we’ve covered questions like should you shower everyday and how often should people with dry skin shower, allow us to give some additional tips:
- Don’t use too much soap – using too much shower gel or soap might remove the natural oil of your skin and cause dryness and itching.
- Use warm water instead of hot – the same goes for hot water – it removes natural skin oil which is not good.
- Don’t scrub yourself too hard – no, that’s not a figure of speech. When you use your loofah or body scrub product, make sure not to apply too much pressure. Otherwise, the result will be pain and skin irritation instead of relaxation.
Visit Bath Barn for anything related to bathrooms, tubs, tiles, and more. We are the one-stop-shop you need!
Related articles you might also like
- Your Detailed Guide to Understanding Shower Trays: Sizes, Materials, Installation and More - August 22, 2023
- Scandi Bathroom Ideas: Your Complete Guide To Scandinavian Bathroom Design - June 27, 2023
- Why Shop in a Bathroom Showroom - April 17, 2023